If you shop at CVS a lot, you may have seen countless posters about their CarePass membership. From free delivery to a $10 reward each month, the program is full of extra perks regular customers can take advantage of for a small fee.
But is the pharmacy giant’s program truly worth the extra cost? If you’ve been trying to find ways to maximize your savings even further, signing up for the one is a no-brainer.
Let’s jump into everything the CarePass membership offers to help you decide if it’s right for you!
How Does The CVS CarePass Work?
Initially launched in 2018, the CVS CarePass can be seen as another way to give their loyal customers rewards beyond their free ExtraCare reward program that’s available to everyone. But if you already have an ExtraCare pass, you’ll still be eligible for those perks too!
CVS’s CarePass includes perks that make your shopping experience much more convenient, including free one to two-day shipping and regular discounts of 20% on signature items.
If you regularly buy things like your prescriptions, beauty products, or vitamins, the CarePass can save you valuable time and money.
Here are a few perks you can expect when signing up for the pharmacy’s program:
- $10 monthly promo reward (up to $120 a year in savings!)
- 20% discount on CVS Health® and Live Better™ products (in-store and online)
- One to two-day delivery options for your prescription medication
- One to two-day shipping for any online products
- A 24/7 Pharmacist Helpline to answer any of your questions
When you combine these perks with your weekly shopping and ExtraCare perks, you can save hundreds of dollars a year on your purchases! Members also have many options regarding their branded discounted products, including vitamins and supplements, over-the-counter medication, and personal care items.
How To Become A CVS CarePass Member
To sign up for the CVS CarePass, you can pay $5 for a month-to-month membership or $4 a month ($48/year) for the annual option. All new members will get their first month free but make sure you’re an ExtraCare member first before signing up for a CarePass.
Here’s how you sign up:
- Visit CVS CarePass if you already have ExtraCare (Or go in-store)
- Enter your personal information, including your name, email address, and mobile number.
- Confirm your account and finish setting up your profile.
- Once you’ve completed the signup process and entered your card information, you can enjoy your new membership!
Besides registering on the website, you can also become a CarePass member at any CVS store nationwide. When you sign up, new members can also take advantage of a FREE first month.
Pros and Cons Of Signing Up For CVS Carepass
- Regular shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year
- The monthly cost pays for itself over time
- Fast prescription delivery ensures you’ll have your medication when you need it
- Consistent discounts on everyday essentials
- No minimum amount for free delivery
No matter which plan you choose, you’ll get $10 a month to use on anything. “I have the $48/year plan, and I get $10 back each month. That’s $120 by the end of the year! This program more than pays for itself.” – Alice Ly
- Membership isn’t available in every state
- The $10 reward isn’t cumulative, and you need to use it before the next month
- The fee is non-refundable if you decide to cancel
- Delivery option depends on the address and store location
The Bottom Line
As CVS’s senior vice president George Coleman puts it, the CVS CarePass “builds on two decades of success with ExtraCare our loyalty program is designed specifically with our customers’ actual preferences and pain points in mind.”
The program makes your life easier while giving you generous discounts for being a loyal member. Perks like a monthly $10 credit, generous deals on their branded essentials, and a pharmacist to help you out 24/7 makes the CVS CarePass a must-have in our book.
Are you a loyal CVS shopper looking to save hundreds each year? Don’t forget to visit your local store or the company’s website to sign up!
- TryProducts Review: Get Free Samples And Discover New Products
- Need More Motivation? This Company Pays People to Lose Weight