Looking For A New Side Hustle? Become A Spark Driver For Walmart
Are you on the hunt for a new side gig? Walmart is the latest retail giant to offer flexible gig work by partnering with the Spark App.
The program has only been out for a few years but has gained popularity with freelancers. Walmart also has thousands of pick-up points nationwide, bringing plenty of opportunities nationwide to make extra cash.
So should you join the retail giant’s new program?
To help you decide, let’s dive into how it works and whether it’s worth your time.
What Is The Walmart Spark App?
Launched by Walmart in 2018, Walmart Spark is the store’s signature delivery platform. Like Amazon Flex or DoorDash, the platform hires independent contractors to deliver packages to customers in their area.
Walmart Spark is also available in all 50 states, and deliveries done by the platform’s drivers have reached roughly 84% of US households. The platform’s reliability, convenient features, and affordable prices have attracted many customers and drivers alike!
How To Make Money As A Spark Driver
As a Walmart Spark Driver, there are four main ways to make money:
- SHOPPING ORDERS: Similar to apps like Instacart, you’ll shop for the customer’s orders and deliver them to their door.
- DELIVERIES: You simply pick up general merchandise orders from one of the company’s 7,000+ pickup locations and deliver them.
- RETURNS: You’ll need to pick up a customer’s order and deliver it back to the Walmart location.
- REFERRALS: Earn up to $150 each time you refer a friend to become a driver with the program.
Whenever you work with the platform, check the app’s Incentive Programs for more chances to earn more.
How Do Spark Drivers Get Paid?
You’ll be paid based on the order’s distance, size, and “extras” like apartment deliveries or heavy items. Customers also have the choice to tip you, potentially boosting your paycheck.
You’ll get your payment every Tuesday at 8 PM PST via the Branch Wallet App, reflecting any deliveries you made between last Monday and Sunday, plus tips. Any tips that haven’t been processed will be paid the following week.
Is Walmart’s Spark Driver Program Legit?
The Walmart Spark App is a reliable side hustle and a legit way to make money. Walmart’s a well-established company with millions of loyal customers. They’ve also heavily invested in their delivery service to keep their drivers and customers happy.
Drivers also love the app’s flexibility and the chance to earn decent pay:
“I love the Spark Driver app more than any other gig app! I get to choose when I want to deliver and earn a lot,” says Hassan A., a driver since 2021.
How To Become A Spark Driver
Signing up for the Walmart Spark app is easy. You’re good to go as long as you’re 18 or older, have a reliable car, auto insurance, and can pass a background check!
Here’s how to get started:
- Download the Spark Driver App and create an account.
- Enter your personal information, driver’s license, and proof of insurance.
- Once you’re approved, you can start accepting deliveries at any time!
Spark Driver App: Pros And Cons
- You can set your own schedule and work when you want
- With base pay, mileage, and tips, you can make a decent hourly rate compared to other rideshare options
- A straightforward signup process
- Gig-based work can be unpredictable, so your earnings may fluctuate daily
- You’re responsible for gas and general maintenance
- While it’s available nationwide, there are some areas where the app may not be available
The Bottom Line
Walmart’s Spark Driver app is perfect if you want a chill part-time income on your own schedule. It’s flexible, pays a decent hourly rate, and has plenty of incentives to keep drivers happy.
However, remember that some days could be slower than others, so there may be better choices for full-time work.
But if you’re in it for some money on the side, sign up today and try the platform!