Who: Military members, vets, and their spouses
What: A free virtual career fair hosted by Hire Heroes USA
When: Thursday, February 7th, 10 am – 3 pm Eastern Time
Why: Helping to transition military members, vet, and their spouses successfully back into civilian life
Military members, vets, and their spouses can attend the Hire Heroes USA virtual career fair from the comfort of their own home. All that is needed is a computer and internet access since potential employers will communicate via online chat sessions.
Attendees can register for the event and upload their resumes, then browse the 26 participating employers by location and position. Job seekers can either apply for the position or register for the employer’s chat room to learn more.
Some tips for attending a virtual job fair:
- Update all browser versions (Google Chrome, Firefox, etc) as employers will show presentations online
- Prepare a list of questions to ask in the chat session
- If you have a private chat, prepare your elevator pitch for a virtual environment
- Wear a professional outfit regardless if there will be screen time or not
- Attend from a distraction-free environment so you can focus