1. When we completely lacked financial self-control:
financial tip: put your debit card in the garbage disposal and then immediately call your bank and ask them to send you another one. now you can’t spend any money for 5-7 business days
— Brayden Bauer // (@im_your_density) August 28, 2019
2. When we needed to finish a show but didn’t have the funds:
trying to get my friend back together with his gf so i can regain access to her hbo account and finish euphoria
— James (@CaucasianJames) August 29, 2019
3. When college did NOT prepare us for taxes:
Government: You owe us money. It’s called taxes.
Me: How much do I owe?
Gov’t: You have to figure that out.
Me: I just pay what I want?
Gov’t: Oh, no we know exactly how much you owe. But you have to guess that number too.
Me: What if I get it wrong?
Gov’t: You go to prison
— jordan (@jordan_stratton) April 16, 2019
4. When we had PTSD from 2008:
what y’all wearing to the recession?
— thee stallion updates (@jacbo) August 16, 2019
5. When our date was more broke than us (how?):
My worst date will always be the one where I paid for the cinema ticket and snacks and my date reached out for the change from the cashier and put it in his pocket.
— Sugar Baby (@FlavaFlavswife) August 12, 2019
6. When we STILL didn’t have financial self-control:
what part of “i need to save money” do i not fucking understand
— king حسين (@KingHussain_7) August 6, 2019
7. When we had to weigh the options:
me trying to decide if i should go get an iced coffee: pic.twitter.com/Dm2JDbGzAx
— melina ¨̮ (@melmadara) July 8, 2019
8. When Ramen was not just for college kids:
“you eat like a child” bitch i’m broke lemme enjoy my grilled cheese with a side of popcorn in peace
— Brayden Bauer // (@im_your_density) July 7, 2019
9. When we willingly drowned ourselves in debt for education:
Just happy to be a part of something https://t.co/0I3y9fJYcl
— Shantz (@aquabonner94) June 24, 2019
10. When we just weren’t valued as we should be:
What post-grad actually looks like pic.twitter.com/5KgY3GfBOu
— ya boy (@yaboyjaeb) June 21, 2019
11. When it’s first of the month:
ME: hm, money’s a little tight this month
MONEY-SAVING APP: it looks here like you could save a lot by cutting out rent. have you tried being homeless?
— Rads (@FeelingEuphoric) June 19, 2019
12. When we started regretting every meal we ever ate out … in our lives:
Once I got a job I realized that my mom was right, we did have food at home
— Edgar Rawdon (@EdgarRawdon) June 7, 2019
13. When we didn’t have a foolproof plan to deal with debt:
me using my credit card immediately after paying it off pic.twitter.com/JFipIIFnB1
— adult mom (@adultmomband) August 28, 2019
14. When we purchased a plethora of items we didn’t need:
me carelessly spending my money vs me checking my bank account later pic.twitter.com/iO3cZVi72Y
— coke (@cokeSZN) August 26, 2019
15. When we had dating down pat:
My soulmate better be good at saving money because we can’t both have that “it’s just 5$” mentality.
— mo (@moprobIems) August 27, 2019
16. When we got our first apartment and had a bed with no bedframe:
a very millennial thing is to buy ikea furniture and tell yourself “i’ll buy real furniture when i can afford it” and then work a dead end job until you pass away of old age in your MALM bed
— alexa (@playnikes) August 21, 2019
17. When the check was over $10:
“So how’re you paying today miss”
— Jennaclaire (@jennaaclaire) August 17, 2019
18. When our bank account sent us another “Below $25” warning:
my debit card me pic.twitter.com/kIaVZnzzOf
— shan willy (@shannonwilliamz) June 5, 2019
Don’t wait to get out of debt! Read this: A Complete, Step-By-Step Guide to Get Out of Debt.