1. When Other People Judge Your Impulse Buys
accountant: “youre basically broke”
wife: “he keeps spending money on stupid stuff”
me: “lets ask the dog if he thinks his jeans are stupid”
— k e i t h 🐤🥔 (@KeetPotato) October 27, 2015
2. Being Thrifty Somehow Costs You More
I see it
I like it
I want it
I can’t afford it so i DIY it & spend twice as much in supplies
— motherducker (@houseandhens) January 31, 2019
3. The Direct Deposit Hits and You Lose Self Control
Me on pay day on my way to spend all of my money pic.twitter.com/0LnsF3msok
— Giuly (@Princessofwifi) March 12, 2019
4. When You Can’t Afford to Go Out
paid my rent so don’t ask me to go out because i’m in the crib getting my moneys worth.
— chy (@chydollasign) October 1, 2018
5. …But You Go Out Anyway
Me: I can’t go out, I’m trying to save money this week
Friend: wanna go to happy hour?
— dunc city (@whduncan) January 27, 2020
6. …..And You Grab Dinner Too
Me: I’m gotta stop eating out and save money
Friends: let’s go get some food bro https://t.co/6SraFPeHrq
— Willie B 🍫✝️ (@nickburnett32) January 25, 2020
7. You Dodge Name Brands to Be Economical
My wife said we would save money on Halloween candy if we bought it at Aldi so I guess we’re handing out Twicks, Skattles, and 4 Musketeers.
— Simon Holland (@simoncholland) September 25, 2016
8. Or Find Other “Creative” Ways to Cut Spending
I can’t afford an electric toothbrush, so I just roll a baby hedgehog in some toothpaste and hold in it my mouth for 15 minutes.
— 🇺🇸Frank Whitehouse 🇺🇸 (@WheelTod) August 15, 2014
9. “I Didn’t Spend Thaaaaaat Much”
I’m at my most fake news when I tell my husband how much money I spent shopping.
— Darla (@ddsmidt) January 21, 2017
10. When You Find Out Where All Your Money Goes
When I find out who has been spending all my money pic.twitter.com/Tm12KNj1Vb
— IG: Jorgebedolla_ (@JbKnockout) June 5, 2019
11. This Classic Budgeting Question
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying
— wint (@dril) September 29, 2013
12. Pulling An All-Nighter To Save Some Cash
So I invited my dad to a wedding dress event where all dresses are $150. The event starts at 7am but lines can form at 4am.
My Dad just called me and said he brought a chair and is the first person outside the building already waiting….. ITS 2:55AM.
— Elisa Ray (@elisista33) January 25, 2020
13. When You Just Need Some Good Music To Forget About Money Problems
a guy next to me on the subway just opened his bank app, saw he had $27 in his checking account, shook his head all pissed off, then immediately went to spotify and turned on the mood booster playlist
— Bob Vulfov (@bobvulfov) April 2, 2018
14. When Amazon Lets You Make Questionable Late-Night Purchases
— fatboy slim (@allend0rk) April 17, 2018
15. If You’ve Ever Tried to Have Self Control
Me: I need to save my money and stop spending it on pointless junk!
Me 5 minutes later: I should buy a chain belt that reads B O A T D I V A
— Pigeon Fancier (@isabelzawtun) June 2, 2018