2021 Update: This dream gig is back!
If you’re the kind of person who thinks Halloween is more of a lifestyle than a holiday, you’re in luck. We have a Stephen King movie job for you!
USDish.com has put out a job listing for one very brave horror movie fan to watch 13 movies based on Stephen King’s scariest horror stories. Applicants must be 18 years or older and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to apply.
Watch Horror Movies, Get Paid
You’re probably saying, “Watch 13 horror movies before Halloween – Is that it?” We always try to find job incentives here, so you’ll also get $1,300 to spend any way you want (possibly on chamomile tea and a therapist after watching so many horror flicks).
All you have to do to get that sweet $1,300 is tell USDish all about your experience. To help you do that, they’ll give YOU:
- Free access to all 13 movies
- A worksheet to help guide you along the way
- A “Stephen King survival kit” that includes a flashlight, blanket, popcorn, candy, some Stephen King swag to put you in the mood, and a Fitbit to track your (accelerating!) heart rate during scary parts.
After you’ve watched all 13 movies and given your honest opinion of the experience, they’ll pay you $1,300!
The Movie List
The 13 movies include these classics:
- Carrie (original or 2013 remake)
- Children of the Corn
- It (original or 2017 remake)
- It (Chapter 2)
- The Mist
- Pet Sematary (original or 2019 remake)
- Salem’s Lot
- The Shining
- Doctor Sleep
ALL of these movies are classics, but how often do you get paid to watch movies by famous directors like Brian DePalma, John Carpenter, and the immortal Stanely Kubrick?
Now’s your chance. Enter by October 8, 2021 (5 PM MST) to be the (un)lucky winner before it’s too late!