Update: Submissions have closed!
If you’re the kind of person who thinks Halloween is more of a lifestyle than a holiday, you’re in luck. We have a Stephen King movie job for you!
USDish.com has put out a job listing for one very brave horror movie fan to watch 13 movies based on Stephen King’s scariest horror stories. Applicants must be 18 years or older and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to apply.
You’re probably saying, “Watch 13 horror movies before Halloween – Is that it?” Well, OK, but they’ll also throw in a movie gift card so you can make it 14 movies, and you can choose from either “It: Chapter 2” or “Doctor Sleep.” BUT THAT’S NOT ALL! You’ll also get $1,300 to spend any way you want (possibly on chamomile tea and a therapist).
All you have to do to get that sweet $1,300 and roughly 26 hours of thrills and chills is tell USDish all about your experience. To help you do that, they’ll give YOU:
- Free access to all 13 movies
- A worksheet to help guide you along the way
- A “Stephen King survival kit” that includes a flashlight, blanket, popcorn, candy, some Stephen King swag to put you in the mood and a Fitbit to track your (accelerating!) heart rate during scary parts.
After you’ve watched all 13 movies and given your honest opinion of the experience, they’ll pay you $1,300!
The 13 movies include these classics:
- Carrie (original or 2013 remake)
- Children of the Corn
- It (original or 2017 remake)
- The Mist
- Pet Sematary (original or 2019 remake)
- Salem’s Lot
- The Shining
ALL of these movies are classics, but how often do you get paid to watch movies by famous directors like Brian DePalma, John Carpenter, and the immortal Stanely Kubrick?
Now’s your chance. Enter to be the (un)lucky winner before it’s too late!
Read about micro-investing and how to get started with our complete guide: Micro-Investing: What It Is, Why It’s for You and How to Start.