Amazon’s version of Black Friday is called Prime Day and it’s coming soon!
It happens once a year in July and it’s going to take place July 15th-16th featuring amazing deals for 36 hours straight.
Here’s everything you need to know about Prime Day.
1. Sign Up for a Free 30-Day Trial to Amazon Prime to Access the Sale if You’re Not Already a Prime Member
Only Prime members get access to the Prime Day deals so become one with their free 30-day trial.
You can cancel after Prime Day if you want but use it fully to take advantage of the free 2-day shipping and all the hundreds of thousands of deals coming your way!
TIP: Use Trim to easily cancel your membership for free!
BONUS TIP: Use Paribus to keep track of your Amazon purchase deliveries. If anything is late, it’ll get money back for you! It will also keep track of 30 other stores (like Target, Macy’s, Kohl’s, and more) to get you money back if there’s a price drop after you already purchased.
2. Download the Amazon App to Get a Free $10 For First-Time Users Only
If you’ve never signed into an Amazon app before, then you can get a free $10 promotional code after your first purchase on it to use on your next purchase. This is for normal Prime members only, not those who are on free trial.
It’s convenient to use the Amazon app on iOS or Android because you can set up alerts and also view deals 24 hours before they go live. Just go to Today’s Deals > Upcoming > and then Watch this Deal and the app will alert you when the deal starts.
3. Turn on Notifications to Get Notified when Sneak Peek Deals Start
Using the Amazon app, you can get notified whenever a sneak peek deal starts before Prime Day.
Just go to Settings in the app, then Notifications and then enable Personalized Notifications.
4. Add Items to Your “Wish List” to be Notified of When They Go Live
5. Unlock an Extra 20% Off Prime Day Deals Using Camera Search in Amazon App
You can unlock an extra 20% off Prime Day discount(s) when you try out the Amazon App’s camera features. This includes AR view, Product Camera Search, Barcode Scanner, and package X-ray.
Just tap the camera icon on the upper right of the Amazon App! Every 6 hours the eligible deals will change after Prime Day starts on July 15th, at 12 AM PT.
6. Shop Through Alexa for Exclusive Deals
If you have an Alexa device, like an Echo, Echo Dot, or Tap, then you’ll have access to exclusive Alexa Prime Day shopping voice deals!
Just ask her “Alexa, what are your deals?” Note that there may be limitations of 1 deal redemption per customer via Alexa since it’s an additional discount.
During last year’s Prime Day, Amazon offered a free $10 Prime credit when you placed certain $20+ orders through Alexa but it is unclear if they’ll repeat it this year.
7. Earn a $5 Amazon Prim
When you choose No-Rush Shipping on your Prime Day order, Amazon will apply a $5 Prime Pantry credit to your account once it ships.
8. Get $10 Amazon Credit When You Spend $10 at Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market is joining in again on the Prime Day festivities.
Until July 16th, Amazon Prime members who spend at least $10 at Whole Foods will get a $10 Amazon credit to spend on Prime Day.
All you need to do is scan your Prime Code at the Whole Foods checkout lane and your Amazon account will instantly be awarded the $10 credit.
Here’s what Whole Foods are discounting for Prime Day too:
- Organic Red Cherries at $3.99 a pound
- 1 lb organic Strawberry containers at 2 for $5
- Wild-caught Salmon fillets at $9.99 a pound
- 40% off RXBAR Bars and Nut Butters
- 50% off self-serving Mochi ice cream balls
- Ben & Jerry’s and Talenti pints at 2 for $6
*Paribus compensates us when you sign up for Paribus using the links we provided.