Amazon’s version of Black Friday is called Prime Day and it’s coming soon!
Typically, it happens once a year in July but was pushed back this year because of the coronavirus. The event runs from October 13th to the 14th this year instead.
Here’s everything you need to know about Prime Day.
1. Sign Up for a Free 30-Day Trial to Amazon Prime to Access the Sale if You’re Not Already a Prime Member
Only Prime members get access to the Prime Day deals so become one with their free 30-day trial.
You can cancel after the 14th if you want but use it fully to take advantage of the free 2-day shipping and all the hundreds of thousands of deals coming your way!
2. Download the Amazon App to Get a Free $20 For First-Time Users Only
If you’ve never signed into an Amazon app before, then you can get a free $10 promotional code after your first purchase on it to use on your next purchase. Then, you get an additional $10 for your second in-app purchase! This is for normally Prime members only, not those who are on free trial.
It’s convenient to use the Amazon app on iOS or Android because you can set up alerts and also view deals 24 hours before they go live. Just go to Today’s Deals > Upcoming > and then Watch this Deal and the app will alert you when the deal starts.
3. Spend $10 With Small Businesses for a $10 Credit on Prime Day
In an effort to support small businesses, Amazon is awarding $10 credits to any Prime Members who spend $10 or more at a small business between now and October 12th. You can spend the $10 anywhere on Prime Day, as long as your first $10 goes to a small business on the platform. Amazon features black-owned, women-owned, and military-owned businesses, to name a few.
4. Turn on Notifications to Get Notified when Sneak Peek Deals Start
Using the Amazon app, you can get notified whenever a sneak peek deal starts before Prime Day.
Just go to Settings in the app, then Notifications and then enable Personalized Notifications.
5. Add Items to Your “Wish List” to be Notified of When They Go Live
6. Unlock an Extra 20% Off Prime Day Deals Using Camera Search in Amazon App
You can unlock an extra 20% off Prime Day discount(s) when you try out the Amazon App’s camera features. This includes AR view, Product Camera Search, Barcode Scanner, and package X-ray.
Just tap the camera icon on the upper right of the Amazon App! Every 6 hours the eligible deals will change after Prime Day starts on October 13th, at 12 AM PT.
7. Shop Through Alexa for Exclusive Deals
If you have an Alexa device, like an Echo, Echo Dot, or Tap, then you’ll have access to exclusive Alexa Prime Day shopping voice deals!
Just ask her “Alexa, what are your deals?” Note that there may be limitations of 1 deal redemption per customer via Alexa since it’s an additional discount.
During last year’s Prime Day, Amazon offered a free $10 Prime credit when you placed certain $20+ orders through Alexa but it is unclear if they’ll repeat it this year.
8. Earn a $5 Amazon Prime Pantry Credit
When you choose No-Rush Shipping on your Prime Day order, Amazon will apply a $5 Prime Pantry credit to your account once it ships.
9. Get $10 Amazon Credit When You Spend $10 at Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market is joining in again on the festivities.
Until October 14th, Amazon Prime members who spend at least $10 at Whole Foods will get a $10 Amazon credit to spend on Prime Day.
All you need to do is scan your Prime Code at the Whole Foods checkout lane and your Amazon account will instantly be awarded the $10 credit.
Here’s what Whole Foods are discounting for Prime Day too:
- Fresh cut pineapple at $4.87 per pound
- 20-40% off meats including chicken, steak, and jerky
- White shrimp for $11.89 per pound
- 25% off Epic Bars, RXBARs, Kind Bars, and Clif Bars
- 40% off vanilla protein powder