Everything to Know Before Amazon Prime Day
Amazon’s version of Black Friday is called Prime Day, and it’s coming soon!
It’s an exciting time for shoppers to hit the “Add to Cart” button repeatedly, and Amazon Prime Day will happen this year on July 12 and 13. It focuses on exclusive deals, with many deals that pop up over the course of the 2 days to keep shoppers continuously checking as part of the fun to nab a deal.
Here’s everything you need to know before Prime Day to ensure you’re ready.
Note: Even though it’s officially 2 days there are EARLY deals starting now, too, like 55% off select Amazon devices, up to 50% off Fire TV, and more deals from top brands like De’Longhi, Dove, and SodaStream.
1. Sign Up for a Free 30-Day Trial to Amazon Prime to Access the Sale if You’re Not Already a Prime Member
Only Prime members get access to the Prime Day deals, so become one with their free 30-day trial.
You can cancel after Prime Day if you want but use it fully to take advantage of the free Two-Day, One-Day, Same-Day delivery shipping as well as 2-Hour grocery delivery. Plus, get access to:
- Unlimited, ad-free music access to 1M+ songs
- Instant streaming of thousands of TV shows and movies
- Unlimited full-resolution online photo storage + 5 GB free video storage
2. Students Can Get Access to a 6-Month Free Trial to Amazon Prime
Instead of a 30-day free trial, students will get access to a much longer trial of 6 months when they try Prime Student. This means you can utilize the trial for Prime Day and for any back-to-school shopping you might need!
Students will get unlimited free two-day shipping with no minimum order size, as well as access to exclusive deals created only for college students.
3. Download the Amazon App to Get a Free $15 For First-Time Users Only (Sometimes $30)
If you’ve never signed into an Amazon app before, then you can get a free $10 promotional code on your first purchase of a qualifying $20 order on the app. Then, you get an additional $5 off on a $10 in-app purchase for your second time! This is normally for Prime members only, not those who are on the free trial.
Eligible users may get offered up to a $30 promotion as well!
It’s convenient to use the Amazon app because you can set up alerts and also view deals 24 hours before they go live. Just go to Today’s Deals > Upcoming > and then Watch this Deal, and the app will alert you when the deal starts.
4. Win Amazing Trips and Gift Cards When Spending at Small Businesses
In an effort to support small businesses prior to Prime Day, Amazon is hosting a “Shop Small Business” Giveaway to anyone that registers and then shops at eligible small businesses that has the “Small Business Badge” to earn entries into some amazing prizes. Every dollar is considered one entry, up to $1,500. Amazon features black-owned, women-owned, and military-owned businesses, to name a few!
Prizes include trips various vacation trips along with Amazon gift cards.
5. Turn on Notifications to Get Notified when Sneak Peek Deals Start
Using the Amazon app, you can get notified whenever a sneak peek deal starts before Prime Day.
Just go to Settings in the app, then Notifications, and then enable Personalized Notifications.
6. Add Items to Your “Wish List” to be Notified of When They Go Live
Once you’ve checked out the deals 24 hours prior, be sure to pick what you want and “Add to Your List” so you’ll get a notification when it’s time to buy!
7. Shop Through Alexa for Exclusive Deals
If you have an Alexa device, like an Echo, Echo Dot, or Tap, then you’ll have access to exclusive Alexa Prime Day shopping voice deals!
Just ask, “Alexa, what are your deals?” Note that there may be limitations of 1 deal redemption per customer via Alexa since it’s an additional discount.
During last year’s Prime Day, Amazon offered a free $10 Prime credit when you placed certain $20+ orders through Alexa, but it is unclear yet if they’ll repeat it this year.
8. Get a $10 Amazon Credit to Spend on Prime Day(s)
Prime Members can complete 4 activities on the Amazon Stamp Card by July 13, 2022, and you’ll earn a $10 Amazon credit to use during Prime Day(s)! The activities correlate with what benefits Prime Members may not know about and they are:
- Make a Prime-eligible purchase
- Stream a show on Prime Video
- Listen to a song with Amazon Music Prime
- Borrow an eBook on Prime Reading
9. Earn Digital Rewards When You Pick No-Rush Shipping
When you choose Free No-Rush Shipping, Amazon either gives Digital Rewards instantly or credit to your account once it ships. You won’t be able to choose which reward to get. If you’re not sure how much credit you already have, you can check this page in your account.
Bonus: Earn $750 Prior to Prime Day
If you want to earn some fun spending money, check out Flash Rewards, a site that’s rewarded $12 million to its participants already. They work by showing you “deals” that they think you’d like.
For instance, mobile apps and games, subscriptions, financial services, etc. Each type of deal you choose has its own mini-task to complete. Complete them and you’ll get the $750 that you can use for Amazon Prime Day!
It goes like this:
- Head over to Flash Rewards and fill out basic info (Email, Name, etc.)
- Take a quick Survey (it helps figure out the optional offers & required deals to recommend)
- Complete deals by shopping Flash Rewards’ great brand name partners.
- Important: Follow the instructions on completing the specific number of deals for each level and get to Level 5 to get the maximum reward! (there are plenty of deals to try – some are free trials or app downloads, others require a purchase!)
- Claim the reward and get it in about a week!
You won’t get your reward if you don’t complete the required amount of deals. Depending on what deals you choose, you could complete it all in a day, which is what users like to do, but know that most offers aren’t instant. Happy spending!