Fetch Rewards is a receipt-scanning app that turns store and online receipts into rewards. The company was founded in 2013 in Madison, Wisconsin.
Users earn points on uploading receipts, regardless of the place of purchase. These points can be redeemed for hundreds of gift cards, such as Amazon, Visa, Sephora, Best Buy, Foot Locker, and many more.
Fetch Rewards has 5+ million daily active users, and the app has a 4.8/5.0 rating on the iTunes App Store based on more than 4.1 million ratings. It’s definitely one of our favorite apps!
What is Fetch?
Fetch Rewards is a savings platform that rewards users for uploading receipts, linking online receipts, and shopping with specific brands. In exchange for gift cards, the company shares your shopping data with its brand partners, giving brands insight into individual shopping patterns and seeking to strengthen their brand loyalty.
Fetch Rewards is an excellent option for users seeking to put in relatively less effort than other competing apps. The platform does not require you to scan individual barcodes or clip coupons, and it automatically offers points to redeem for gift cards on eligible receipts.
Fetch differs from other apps that work directly with sellers because it rewards customers for uploading any grocery receipt (even online) and buying brands regardless of the place of purchase. Fetch is also different because the company does not offer cash directly to users. Instead, users redeem points as gift cards and other valuable rewards.
The app also offers “special offer bonuses” for featured items.
How Does Fetch Work?
First, you must download the Fetch Rewards app and create an account. The app is free in the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store.
- Upload any receipt (even online ones!): You can scan any receipt any store regardless of the amount purchased. (Important: Receipts must be scanned within 14 days from purchase and must include the store name, items purchased, date of purchase, total amount, and store address) Any eligible receipt will get you 25 points each.
- Link Email & Amazon account for more rewards: When initiated, it’ll check for email receipts and Amazon orders made in the last 30 days so you can get extra points for
- Purchase any participating product: If your receipt includes any of their participating partner brands, you can automatically earn anywhere between 250 and 3,000 points per offer.
- Receive Bonus Points: Additional points can be earned by completing tasks such as purchasing a special offer product or randomly given upon completing other tasks like scanning your first receipt.
- Get a Daily Bonus: Upload one receipt a day, and you’ll get to spin their roulette for extra points.
How to Get Your Cash
Now it’s time to redeem points for rewards! Once you have scanned your receipt, receiving your Fetch Rewards points can take 24 to 48 hours.
Once you reach a minimum of 3,000 points, you can head to the “Rewards” section of the app. There, you can browse hundreds of different reward options by category. Available rewards include gift cards to popular retailers like Amazon and Target. Users also have the option to donate earnings to the Red Cross.
Once you find a reward to redeem, tap the “Get This Reward” button to receive your electronic gift. More instructions on obtaining particular rewards are sent via email and could require you to input a gift card code upon checkout.
What You Need to Know Before Using Fetch
While Fetchers may like that there’s no requirement to activate deals before shopping, scan barcodes, take surveys, or watch ads, they must be diligent about saving receipts and uploading them to the app within 14 days of purchase.
See all our favorite cash back apps here: Best Cash Back Shopping Apps for Every Shopper
This post contains sponsored links which The Smart Wallet receives compensation for